Regathering Update as of Thursday July 2, 2020
I wanted to send a quick update related to CWC’s plan to begin regathering this Sunday, July 5, 2020. In light of Governor Holcomb’s decision to pause the state’s advancement to stage 5 of his reopening plan, we will still plan to regather this Sunday; however, we would make the following request:
While there’s no real way for our staff to enforce the wearing of masks in our building, in light of new COVID-19 related concerns and surges, we sincerely request, out of deference toward one another and all those who have worked hard to ensure our facility is as safe as possible for our congregation, that anyone over the age of 2 years old wear a mask while in the CWC facility on Sunday mornings.
I know masks are inconvenient and uncomfortable, and if you would rather not wear one, please remember that we will be continuing to live-stream our services so you can participate from home. As I mentioned earlier this week, we have a limited supply of disposable masks; however, if you have a mask of your own, thank you for bringing it and wearing it while you’re at CWC on Sundays.
Along with this gesture of care and concern for one another, please remember that anyone who has a temperature, is symptomatic of COVID-19 in any way, or who has been with anyone infected with the virus in the past 14 days should plan to remain at home and worship with us through the online broadcast.
We are looking forward to regathering on-site for worship this Sunday, July 5, 2020, at both 9:15 and 10:45 am at CWC! Here are a few important reminders:
- Please refrain from coming to onsite services if you or anyone in your household is running a temperature, has any known symptoms of illness, has been exposed to someone with COVID-19 in the past 14 days, or has traveled to a high-risk area of the country in the past 14 days.
- Services in the Sanctuary will be conducted with some precautionary adjustments. We will collect the offering in collection boxes which will be located at the entrances/exits. We will also continue to utilize an online bulletin only and will not include an active greeting in the service or partake of Communion for the time being. We would ask that you please consider wearing a mask in this space in consideration of one another.
- There will be a video viewing option in the Great Room for those wishing to practice social distance (masks will be required in this space). This room will offer an option to leave the service via a back door to avoid crowds that may assemble in public/high traffic spaces following the services.
- While we have a small supply of disposable masks, we would ask that you supply your own if you’re able.
- We will continue to live stream our services for those who feel it would be safer for them to worship at home.
- Children and Youth ministry will not reconvene until after Marion Community Schools have regathered, but families are encouraged to worship together onsite or online. Parents, please don’t allow your children to roam freely in the building (the upstairs will be off limits until further notice as we are taking measures to deep clean this space in preparation for a SPLASH return).
- Sunday School classes and small groups wishing to regather on Sunday mornings mustfirst confirm their plans to regather with Pastor Eric Crisp (email@example.com) to ensure space is reserved/available. Classrooms that have not been reserved will be locked and unavailable for use as to ensure our ability to track what parts of our facility need to be cleaned and sanitized following Sunday morning’s gathering.
Finally, please consider joining us this Thursday, July 2, at 6:00 PM at CWC for an all-church prayer gathering! We have been so blessed by those of you who have come to pray over the places and spaces of our church’s ministry in the past two weeks.