COVID-19 Update as of Wednesday 04-01-20
As we continue to learn of daily information related to the COVID-19 pandemic and the best ways CWC can responsibly respond to this situation, it is our desire to keep you informed of new developments as we are able. To that end, here are a few bits of information for you today:
– In light of the continuing spread of the COVID-19 virus, we will keep the CWC office closed and continue in our live-stream only service format through at least Monday, April 20, 2020. We will, of course, continue to monitor the situation and reassess on a weekly basis (communicating with you along the way); but at this time, this is what we are anticipating will be best for the health and safety of our congregation and community. Again, please don’t hesitate to call our offices (765.674.8541 – M-F, 8:30am to 4:30 pm) or our on-call phone (765.506.8174, after hours for emergencies) if you have any pastoral needs or questions.
– Obviously, this is an especially sad time for us to be unable to gather as we approach Holy Week, which begins this Sunday, April 5 (Palm Sunday) and culminates next Sunday, April 12, on Easter. In spite of our inability to be together, physically, I pray you will make every effort to live into and celebrate this sacred time in the life of the church. We will share more about some of the resources we’ve created to help you do this during Sunday’s service stream, but for more information on what’s forthcoming and available to you for Holy week, please visit our website (www.collegewes.com)!
– Many of you have asked for updates on our overall General Budget and the What’s Next Campaign in light of the COVID-19 interruption. Here are some key stats to report to you at this time:
- As of Sunday, March 29, 2020, our General Budget is behind actual giving by 6.95%. I should note that prior to the need for us to move to a live-stream service only format, we were behind by 5.53% (as of March 8, 2020). We continue to ask that tithes and offerings be submitted either online at www.collegewes.com/give or through the postal service (CWC – 200 E. 38th Street, Marion, IN 46953). Thank you for your faithfulness in giving.
- The What’s Next Campaign continues in wonderful ways, in spite of our unusual situation. As of Sunday, March 29, 2020, we had received just over $1.1M in pledges. Construction on both the JC Bodyshop renovations and the Ross Hoffman Memorial Conference Center in Sierra Leone, Africa, have begun and we look forward to the day when we can gather again, making these facilities all the more beneficial for ministry. If you’d like to see what’s happening on the JCB worksite, visit: https://app.truelook.com/?u=sw1585330590#tl_live Thanks again for your faithfulness in giving!
If you have any questions about anything related to church operations in the midst of these days when we are not gathered together, please don’t hesitate to contact me. I am praying for each member of our church and asking God to walk before us, using these days to prepare us for all that’s ahead as we continue in our pursuit to make more and better disciples who transform the community and resource the greater Church!
College Wesleyan Church